I've not been out much recently but did go to see Kerbdog on the last night of their tour at Ivory Blacks. They were well on form and it was a sweaty one! It was great to see one of those bands who I missed out on the first time as they origianlly split in 1998 which is when I was just starting to go to gigs at the age of about 15/16. They've gotten together to play the odd gig here and there since about 2005 but this was the first chance I'd gotten to see them as they were on tour promoting a new live album. The band had such a good time on this tour they said they're likely to do it again, huzzah!
Below a wee classic taster - 'Sally' by Kerbdog.
We did splash out a bit this month on some new bedding including new pillows, duvet, a very serious mattress topper and silk topper-topper though. This has made our bed feel like a cloud. Unfortunately my chronic insomnia has not allowed me to actually sleep on it yet, but at least its really comfy.
Some things on my Christmas in Glasgow to do list -
- Ice Skating in George Square
- Ride the big wheel!
- Visit the Christmas Markets
- Walk around the city lights (we did this on Saturday after the gig, but it's always worth a few trips!)
- Mulled wine in Sloans
- Attend one of the many Christmas concerts - the RSNO Hollywood Christmas is my current front runner!
- See a Christmas movie - last year we saw 'It's a Wonderful Life' at the Grosvenor. Both Grosvenor & GFT are showing this again this year so I think we may try to get to either 'Black Christmas' or 'Die Hard' instead at the GFT!
- See friends & family!
There are lots more things to do in the city - plenty of Pantos and other weekend street markets as well as some sights that look lovely in the snow (if we get any this year) such as the Necropolis and the Peoples Palace.
One thing I am really keen to do at some point is the tour of Central Station where you can check out the subterranian catacombs below the station! Read more about it on www.ghostclub.org.uk.